Friday 22 November 2013

New Product Find #3 - Boujois Happy Light Foundation



This foundation is right up my street! although my skin is majorly going through some kind of 'crazy phase' at the moment, I still cannot stand heavy base makeup. Seriously, It makes me feel like I've got some kind of mask on. I only actually started wearing foundation all over my face about a month ago and I still can't get used to the feeling. Anyway I digress...I have always loved Bourjois and I'm officially obsessed with their foundations. Ever since I first purchased the '10 hour sleep effect' foundation when I was roughly 16/17 years old, I have been a loyal fan. Yes, I agree that their shade range is usually very limited, however due to my medium olive toned skin, their yellow based foundations are always a great match.

This foundation hasn't let me down, its a provides a perfect sheer/medium coverage (just about all I can deal with! haha) and on me it has a very luminous and almost 'velvety' finish, not too shiny, not too matte - just ideal for the winter season! The only negative I can say about this foundation is that the shade range is waaaaay out, I usually wear shade 52 (Beige Clair) but it is a little too dark. Prior to purchasing it I did read other reviews which advised picking up a shade lighter however, thanks to a disorganised makeup stand  - and my stupidity for not checking it oops - I ended up with my usual shade. I've been mixing it with my Dr Jart water fuse beauty balm to slightly lighten the shade and it seems to be working okay for now. I will probably end up repurchasing it in the right shade though as I just can't be bothered with the hassle.

Have you tried this foundation? What's your favourite Bourjois foundation of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment