Sunday 3 November 2013

The Sunday Manicure - Three Product Staples


If my nails are not looking tip top, then you know I'm either A: unwell or B: temporarily parted from my nail product stash. The rest of the time I make sure they are primped, primed and polished - literally. I genuinely do this routine roughly once a week, usually on a Sunday and I can honestly say that I enjoy every minute of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, 'nail time' for me is like therapy. It sounds a little dramatic, but it's true! So, today I thought I would introduce you to three nail product staples that I will definitely be repurchasing for the foreseeable future.

Step one in my routine and key to keeping my nails looking healthy and in a neat condition - Sally Hanson Instant Cuticle Remover. This stuff works Fast. Pop it on, wait just 15 seconds, then gently push back your cuticles (with a tool obviously) and voilà you're done. Just make sure that you wash your nails properly to get any remaining residue off. This stuff is also strong and I can imagine it doing a lot of damage if it is not used correctly.

The nail strengthener and base coat in one? Well, that would be the OPI Nail Envy - in Original to be exact. I love this polish and you can find a full review here if you want to check that out! It dries quickly, I usually use two coats and I've been using it for about 2 years now, which says it all really.

Lastly, I bring you the 'perfect polish' and this comes in the form of Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Polish - FYI, I'm wearing the shade Raspberry in the photo above. Yes this part of my post is a little bit more bias - if you're an avid reader of my blog then you will be aware that I praise this polish at every chance I get - but I do genuinely love it (you can find my full review here). Great price, great quality and great colours. Seriously, what's not to love?!

What are your nail product staples?




No comments:

Post a Comment