Thursday 5 December 2013

The Perfect Christmas Red - MAC Ruby Woo



So...its been a while since I last blogged, my bad! I'm currently working on another project *which I'm very excited about - more info will be revealed in the new year* and I guess I just haven't worked out how to manage my time effectively just yet. On another note I should also be getting a new camera for Christmas, its definitely about time and I'm really looking forward to improving my blog's photo quality!

Now life updates aside, let me get on to the real gem of the post. Mac Ruby Woo lipstick - also known as the 'perfect Christmas red' during the festive season. I was actually gifted this lipstick from my younger brother for my Christmas present two years ago. So, I suppose you could say that I've had plenty of time to test it out and it certainly hasn't disappointed me. First  of all, Mac's Ruby Woo is a matte lipstick. Some time ago I would have avoided this finish like the plague, as I was once a glossy lip lover and that's all I had time for *clicks fingers*. However, I decided to gamble and 'take a walk on the wild side' ha and well...this is the lipstick that converted me. I now love matte lipsticks, shockingly even more so than my previously well loved glossy finish offerings. I like the fact that they don't seem to smudge as easily, they help avoid the dreaded 'caked in makeup' look due to being slightly more subtle and when your wearing a more daring shade -  like Ruby Woo - I personally feel as if I look less 'baby faced' and more my actual age, due to the more mature finish that this lipstick creates.

Another aspect of this lipstick that I love is that although it is slight darker than your average 'pillar box red' it still works throughout the year. Yes I know I've called this my 'perfect Christmas red', but that's more so because I associate everything Christmassy with this shade - yes I'm also rocking red nails right now - it still works throughout the year. I have worn this during every season and you just cant beat pairing it with cat eyed black liner for a classic chic look. Effortlessly fabulous.

Tips for wearing this lipstick:

* A lipliner really does help with the smudging side of things, yes many a drunken night has ended with this bad boy wandering around my face...I usually pair it with a cheap and cheerful offering from Rimmel.
*Moisturise your lips before you even attempt to apply this. This lipstick will hide no sins, it will literally stick to any dry patch. Not.a.good.look!
*Lipcote is your best friend. Yes it feels like your nail varnishing your lips at first, a very strange sensation I must say - but it does successfully prolong the wear time. Trust me.
*Have fun with this colour and work it! However, I wouldn't advise wearing it when planning to eat a large meal. Christmas day - No no/Christmas nights out - Hell yeah!!





3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to this post. I also rock a red lip all the time! (even though my sister says I do it too much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Ruby Woo is one of my favourite lipsticks, it's just perfect!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! definitely my favourite red X x

      Delete